Fatherhood Initiative Inaugural Rally
- Celebrate and offer due recognition to/for fathers who take care as well as support their families and children.
- Challenge men to be leaders in their families, communities and a constant presence in their childrenâ€™s lives.
- Proclaim Omega Psi Phi, Fraternity, Inc. support of the Presidentâ€™s plea for men to get more involved in the family.
Men will pledge to:
- Â Spend more quality time with their children â€“ 20 hours weekly;
- Â Always support their children monetarily, emotionally and spiritually;
- Â Visit their childâ€™s school quarterly (not including disciplinary/athletic events);
- Â Answer the call to be their childâ€™s primary role model;
- Â Help stop bullying/youth violence;
- Â Volunteer with their children for a community outreach activity;
- Â Aid in care giving of child;
- Â Maintain good rapport with the childâ€™s mother;
- Dedicated to providing a child friendly developmental environment;
- Develop good health habits and share with children/youth.
To register click here
Â Committed Community Partners
Memphis Urban League
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Memphis, Inc.
Memphis Shelby Crime Commission
Memphis Branch NAACP
United Way of Mid-South
Memphis TPP Fatherhood Program Le Bonheur Community Health and Well Being
Memphis & Shelby County Office of Re-entry
American Red Cross
ASPIRE Public Schools
Concorde School BP/BS Screening
Baptist Memorial Health Care
Southwest Tennessee Community College